“I’ll pour pure water over you and scrub you clean. I’ll give you a new heart, put a new spirit in you."

Ezekiel 36:25 (The Message//Remix)

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Be Still and Know

I wrote this back in January and never posted it... just thought it was interesting!


Most have heard Psalm 46:10
"Be still and know that I am God"


This can be comforting at times but for the vast majority of us this phrase drives us nuts!


God whispers: "Be Still!"
Our Response: "Excuse me? Do you know what I have to get done?"


We then begin to throw our list of worldly things at God. About 5 or 6 items later we begin to question our insanity because we are "wasting" time telling the God of the universe what needs to be done, despite the fact that he already knows.


Sound Familiar?


Well for the past few weeks, this was the only message I kept receiving. I was in the midst of stress and a short span of time to make decisions and the only help I got was "be still!" AHHHHHH! Seriously thought I was going to die. Well, good news... I didn't and I made a decision. I am now home for a while and could not be more thrilled about it. God is working in me and through people I never would have imagined. I am learning that I have healed more than I realized and that I am ready to give it all. I am ready to go and hit the front lines. The difference is that I have learned that I am not fighting for my sake, nor on my strength. I am building my fortress on the rock which cannot be moved.


The point is that being still doesn't have to be impossible.


Christina Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment